Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mar Matthias Darin
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!
Hello,

W B Hacker writes:

> I have a major issue only with being made to believe that it can be as
> *efficient* or resource-light as cached RBL hits against the same offenders.
>
> AND as rapidly updated/able as the RBL+DNS cache can be. See TTL.

I know of at least 10 ISP that have "written in stone" that under NO
circumstances are dialup and dhcp users allowed to send mail. They have
made this "policy" ironclad. Because of this, the patterns that involve
these ISPs and others like them are not going to fad.

For this reason, DynaStop does not have to be as fluid as a RBL and is not
subject to a time to live issue as a RBL is.

DynaStop is installed locally so the relevancy of rapid pattern updates is
at the sole discretion of the administrator of a given system with the
ability to exclude particular IP addresses that may not be subject to a
given ISP's TOS/AUP.

With Exim's warn ability, it would be very easy to tag a message and leave
the decision to the end user to filter locally tagged messages as well.

> I haven't forgotten any of that, thanks. Long Binh AUG 67- AUG 68.
>
> But this list is not really the place for it.

It is the standard server signature that goes out on all messages that leave
this system.

##> http://tanaya.net/vmw/
In Memory of Sergeant Gary Paul Baker

Let us not forget Sergeant Gary Paul Baker, casualty of the Vietnam
War. As a member of the Army Selective Service, SGT Baker served our
country until May 11th, 1970 in Quang Nam, South Vietnam. He was 21
years old and was not married. Gary died from multiple fragmentation
wounds/mine. His body was recovered. Gary was born on February 12th,
1949 in Monroe City, Missouri.

SGT Baker is on panel 10W, line 016 of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in
Washington D.C.