Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!
Marc Perkel wrote:

*snip*

> I'll tell you what Bill. I'm willing to prove how effective my spam
> filtering is. I will give you free front end spam filtering for a test
> run and you can see for yourself. I have the most accurate spam filter
> on the planet and willing to prove it.

Marc, there is where we differ. Bigtime.

I would have a really hard time evaluating that 'coz I don't *care* about spam
filtering. I have to rely on a non-Exim server to even harvest samples to test with.

I only care about 'proper' mail filtering.

My primary concentration is on the credentials of the source.

Once spam got past the 50% mark, it was easier to handle the good minority than
the bad majority.

Grocery store math.

As I've said, when the ruffian arrives pointing an RPG-7 at you, you don't
analyze his *message*.

You shoot that particular messenger.

Bill

PS. 1/4 of your posts show potential.

The other 3/4 make me wonder if you really have forgotten what you were the
'expert' on a just month earlier, can't remember the Exim manual, or never read
it in the first place.