Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!
Marc Perkel wrote:

*snip*

> The reason why it works is that most spammers don't retry. If a spammer
> encounters resistence then they go on to spam someone else. Its far
> easier for a spammer to find an unprotected host than to hammer away
> against protected hosts like mine.

Whom was it that told you so, why do you consider 'immediate' retry more
impotant than total arrivals in any given day, and why do believe that?

Don't think that because they didn't retry 'at once' that you have beaten them
and sent them off to commit electronic suicide.

I've got logs of spammers who have been 'retrying' several times a day for over
*five years*!

What you need to do is expend the minimum resources possible to get good mail IN
and keep bad arrivals OUT. When they force you to add servers, and 'play' with
them, they are winning.

Bill