Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Perkel
To: Peter McEvoy
CC: exim users, W B Hacker
Betreff: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Peter McEvoy wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:40:21PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> The reason why it works is that most spammers don't retry. If a spammer
>> encounters resistence then they go on to spam someone else. Its far
>> easier for a spammer to find an unprotected host than to hammer away
>> against protected hosts like mine.
>>

> People realised this long ago, or havent you heard of greylisting?
>
> Its not as effective now as it was..

I don't like greylisting because it create delays in mail deliveries and
I want speed. What I do is highly selective defers on the lowest MX only
with the idea that when you have several MX that they retry the higher
ones right away. Just because it is less effective than it used to be
doesn't mean that it's not significantly effective and gets rid of some
spam especially from bot zombies. It's one of thousands of tricks I use
and it is effective.