Re: [exim] Problems with vacation message

Top Pagina
Auteur: Magnus Holmgren
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Problems with vacation message
On Thursday 02 November 2006 15:50, Carlos Villadangos Hernandez took the
opportunity to say:
> It happens to me, that when sending a mail to a user who has the
> vacation filter activated, the mail that the sender receives back has
> vmail@??? as from: header. But what we really need is
> that this sender was the original message sender, not vmail.
>
> Any ideas about how to change this fact? Or maybe it has to do with
> rewriting that header in the vacation message?

Even if vmail isn't a trusted user, From: is set to what's specified in the
filter file. *But* (from my understanding of the code), if you don't specify
a from address with the vacation command or on the transport, and the filter
is an Exim filter (not Sieve), the from address will be empty and supplied as
user@domain by the Exim instance that gets the autoreply from the first
instance.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???