Re: [exim] Allow untrusted_set_sender for particular users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Allow untrusted_set_sender for particular users
Patrik Jansson wrote:
> untrusted_set_sender allows users to change sender as long as it matches
> the pattern.
> Is it possible allow a particular user to set any sender without having
> the user added
> to trusted_users (I don't want the users to be able to admin commands).
>
> -Patrik

Yes, indirectly, and within bounds that can be safely beyond direct user reach.

If your configuration has structures that look for something and take an action
on what is found, that 'something' can be the 'trigger only' to take a
predefined action, and/or 'trigger plus' provider of information needed to
affect the nature of the action.

it is comparable to the manner in which mailing lists may be triggered to do
preset functions based on, for example, just the subject line asking for 'help',
'lists', 'unsubscribe', etc.

As Exim can add, remove, and alter variables and headers, such as well as take
branching decisions and call external services based on presence/absence and/or
content, the rest is up to your need - and your creativity.

Exim will obey, though it doesn't read minds. Yet.

;-)

Bill