Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout

Author: Chris Perry
To: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I spent ages looking the exim web site over, and
the archives too. But never found the docs. Thanks for that pointer
and the reference.

After some consideration I attepmted to up the receive timeout. The
default is 5 mins (5m). I changed that to 15m, 30m and then 60m, as
below. The problem persists.

smtp_receive_timeout = 60m

Could you confirm the format I have used is correct. I.E. 60m, not 3600
(s).
Is there a command line option to dump out all option settings,
including the defaults not set in the config file. I have looked the
man pages over in detail and cannot spot such a thing.
Finally should I be attempting to adjust the number of server
connections? My server is small and lightly used. Do not think heavy
engineering should be required.

Thanks and Regards,
Chris.