Re: [exim] Spammer Trick?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Spammer Trick?
Marc Perkel wrote:
> I'm seeing something interesting. Spammers using my MX records for their
> HELO. That should be easy to catch. Anyone else seeing this?

Only for about the last 4 or 5 years.....

But how many of 'em have a fixed-IP, let alone a PTR?

And how many of 'em are NOT in an RBL already?

And how many of 'em try to send to user's you don't now own, and never have?

D'you s'pose even ONE legitimate message will be hiding in a 20-recipient string
of hashed usernames? Suspect a 'drop' might be in order?

How fast do they motor-off when you set smtp_accept_max_per_host to 5?

And 'jail' their buns for 20-30 seconds every time they set a foot wrong?

And how many of 'em will try to 'pipeline' and die off coz you don't advertise
that service, but DO apply 'smtp_enforce_sync' ?

Bothers real servers very little, and even those running QMail can *deal* with
it. Eventually. TS.

I has been claimed that if you bang your head against the wall long enough it
feels like an or....    .. feels GREAT...  when you finally quit that.

'playing' with spam instead of blocking it, OR pulling *real hard* on those
great brass handles you've had bolted to the wall...

If a courier arrives with an RPG-7 pointed at you, don't open the envelope.

Shoot the messenger.

Bill