Re: [exim] Understanding deny / require

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martijn Grendelman
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Understanding deny / require
Hi,

>> I now have:
>>
>>    require verify        = sender
>>            log_message   = DENY - Sender verification failed

>> but this line is written for all messages that pass through
>
> Are you sure? log_message text is supposed to be written to the log only when
> an ACL verb denies access, or if all conditions of a warn statement are true
> (but since you put log_message after the condition, it won't be reached in
> that case; processing of a statement stops as soon as the outcome is known.)

No, I am sorry, I mixed things up, because I was writing this message
and changing my config at the same time.

In fact, I had

logwrite = DENY - Sender verification failed ($sender_address)

when I saw these messages in the log about sender addresses that
actually passed sender verification (or should have, anyway). I changed
it to log_message later.

Never mind, I'll just fiddle, mangle and fudge my config a little more
:-) Thanks.

Best regards,

Martijn Grendelman
C.o.C. number: Eindhoven 17097024