Re: [exim] Understanding deny / require

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Understanding deny / require
On Wednesday 01 November 2006 12:24, Martijn Grendelman took the opportunity
to say:
> Hi,
>
> I am fiddling with some ACLs and I'm trying to decide whether to use
> require or deny in certain situations.
>
> For example, is:
>
>    require verify = sender

> the same thing as:
>
>    deny    !verify = sender

> ?

Yes, when there is just one condition.

> I now have:
>
>    require verify        = sender
>            log_message   = DENY - Sender verification failed

> but this line is written for all messages that pass through

Are you sure? log_message text is supposed to be written to the log only when
an ACL verb denies access, or if all conditions of a warn statement are true
(but since you put log_message after the condition, it won't be reached in
that case; processing of a statement stops as soon as the outcome is known.)

> [...] I am considering to change this to:
>
>    deny    !verify       = sender
>            log_message   = DENY - Sender verification failed

> Will this accomplish what I want?

See above.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???