Re: [exim] How to not forward spam..

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: B. Cook, Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to not forward spam..

--On 31 October 2006 14:59:21 -0500 "B. Cook" <bcook@???> wrote:

> I have an outbound email server that all outbound mail passes through.
>
> Specifically with people that have aol destination domains, we take in
> email that SA tags as [SPAM] and delivers it to a user, who has their
> mail auto forwarded to aol. Then they open their mail at aol, and tag
> this message from us as spam..
>
> We have joined the postmasters loop a few years back, but from time to
> time we end up getting rejected by aol saying that we have an insecure
> formail script or whatever they say at the moment.. and we talk to them
> and do what they ask..
>
> But how do we stop sending mail that we have previously tagged as [SPAM]
> from being delivered.. or is there a way to make the spammy email an
> attachment and we put our own text telling them things..
>
> I know SA has the ability to do a report_safe.. but would that be what
> we are looking for?
>
> Thanks in advance..

Have SA reject email that it thinks is spam. It's safer then giving it to
the user, since false positives will be notified to the sender, instead of
being automatically deleted by the user (or the user's MUA).

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex