[exim] ACL variables and when they are available during an S…

Author: paul.mcilfatrick
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] ACL variables and when they are available during an SMTP dialogue
As someone relatively new to the complexities of Exim's configuration
file I am trying to find out when the various ACL variables are
available during an SMTP dialogue.

The Exim 4 book's Appendix A.3 along with version 4.63 on-line
documentation has been of some help but it has also been a bit of trial
and error on my part to get error messages in the configuration file to
use the ACL variables.

Is there a table showing when the ACL variables are available during the
various SMTP stages?

If not, would it be a help to have such a table with the ACL variables
down the left and the various SMTP stages along the top and a tick
showing when each variable is available?

Paul McIlfatrick