Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] IDN conversion
Patrik Jansson wrote:

>>> Free if they contain accented characters only :)
>>>

>> Anything ordinarily worth paying for that must be given away for free is suspect...
>>
>> Don't drink the kool-aid..
>>
> OT ;)
> I can curse these domains how much I want, our customers will buy them
> anyway and
> I would like to deal with this problem as good as possible :)

Not so OT..

You think a measly few Swedish characters that don't match ASCII out of a set
that mostly DOES match are a PITA, you should try dealing with what the Chinese
are up to..

I'd rather try to find a 'general' fix while involved with *your* issue - or
Renee's examples in French - as I can;

A) Actually communicate with others who are interested.

B) See or grep 'enough of' the rest of the string to tell one from another.

Eventually we will all have to deal with this, and do so more flexibly than we
are now.

But it is the DNS'en I worry most about...

Bill

韓家標