Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Robinson
A: Chris Lightfoot
Cc: exim-users, Patrik Jansson
Asunto: Re: [exim] IDN conversion
On 31/10/2006 18:42, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> How are the accented domain names being presented to your
> SMTP server? In UTF-8, or ISO-8859-1, or what? (I.e., what
> are the byte sequences in the MAIL FROM and RCPT TO
> commands for a given domain name?)

Hmm. RFC 2821 says:

2.3.5 Domain

    A domain (or domain name) consists of one or more dot-separated
    components.  These components ("labels" in DNS terminology [22]) are
    restricted for SMTP purposes to consist of a sequence of letters,
    digits, and hyphens drawn from the ASCII character set [1].
[...]

This would seem to preclude accented characters presented in any way
other than IDN format, and leave it up to the MUA (or DNS resolver?) to
perform the translation.

Cheers,

John.