Re: [exim] IDN conversion

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Lightfoot
Para: Patrik Jansson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] IDN conversion
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 07:36:18PM +0100, Patrik Jansson wrote:
> As far as I know Exim doesn't do any IDN conversions? In Sweden it's
> possible to register .se domains with åäö. I'm not sure what they are
> called but they are 'a' with a ring and 'a' and 'o' with dots.

The Unicode Consortium names are LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH
RING ABOVE, LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS and LATIN
SMALL LETTER O WITH DIAERESIS. (I'm not sure that helps
you much though ;-) )

> When you browse a domain with any of these character the browser will
> convert the domain name into an IDN string. This IDN string is what's
> found in the DNS. I would like Exim to do this IDN conversion when mail
> arrives from/to a domain with åäö, is that possible?
> I know that the whole thing to use åäö in a domain name is a bad idea.
> I'm against it myself even though I'm a Swede but still, it's possible
> and I would like our mail server to handle this case if possible.

How are the accented domain names being presented to your
SMTP server? In UTF-8, or ISO-8859-1, or what? (I.e., what
are the byte sequences in the MAIL FROM and RCPT TO
commands for a given domain name?)

--
``[The Home Secretary] is aware that Iraq, and in particular the Iraqi security
forces, would only convict and sentence a person in the courts with the