[exim] IDN conversion

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrik Jansson
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: [exim] fascistic RCPT TO validation
Betreff: [exim] IDN conversion
As far as I know Exim doesn't do any IDN conversions? In Sweden it's
possible to register .se domains with åäö. I'm not sure what they are
called but they are 'a' with a ring and 'a' and 'o' with dots.
When you browse a domain with any of these character the browser will
convert the domain name into an IDN string. This IDN string is what's
found in the DNS. I would like Exim to do this IDN conversion when mail
arrives from/to a domain with åäö, is that possible?
I know that the whole thing to use åäö in a domain name is a bad idea.
I'm against it myself even though I'm a Swede but still, it's possible
and I would like our mail server to handle this case if possible.

Thanks,
-Patrik