Re: [exim] fascistic RCPT TO validation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Renaud Allard
A: exim-users
Cc: Stanislaw Halik
Asunto: Re: [exim] fascistic RCPT TO validation

Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
>
>> I observed that some MTAs can require RCPT TO arguments to have '<>'
>> around them. How do I do that in Exim?
>
> Yes. That is what the RFC specifies. Exim is, however, liberal by
> default. If you want to check, look at the contents of the $smtp_command
> variable in the RCPT ACL.

For the sake of full verification, you should probably also check for it
in the MAIL FROM ACL.
An ACL like this should do the check:
deny
condition       = ${if match {$smtp_command}{\N<.*>\N}{no}{yes}}

It could be very interesting to have some stats on how much legit mails
don't have the <> and how many spams don't have them.