Re: [exim] Exim based FuzzyOCR

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim, Users, Peter Bowyer
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim based FuzzyOCR

Marc Perkel wrote:

> For what it's worth as soon as you have something I can use that works
> I'll send you $100 if that will help inspire you. I definitely need to
> stop the image spam.

I doubt you will be able to stop image spam that easily, unless you
totally block images in HTML mails.
OCR is _not_ the way to go to block these spams, because spammers
already have many ways to counter OCR. Their next step is to change
fonts to an unknown one by the OCR systems. Then, they will just add
custom background or font positioning or font color to defeat OCR
systems. They could also use what they already use now in text spam,
like words with custom chars. That plus the fact OCR consumes an insane
amount of CPU.
Honestly, spammers have just broken html mails (some people will argue
html mails were a stupid idea in the beginning anyway).