Re: [exim] control = submission

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Graeme Fowler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] control = submission
On 30/10/2006 12:08, Robert Cates wrote:
> awhile back I saw something about 'control = submission' in exim 4.5x. Can
> somebody please tell me what that means, and what I would want to use it
> for. I'm running exim 4.54.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch43.html#SECTsubmodnon

It's all there... and I'm sure some other posters (Hi, Bill!) will pipe
up soon enough with their usage of it :-)

In a nutshell, it's a method of making a message which arrives over
TCP/IP be handled as though it's a locally generated message on the MTA
host itself. Most commonly this is used for authenticated MUAs on the
"submission" port, 587 (which is I guess where the naming logic came
from), but it can be used for all manner of modes.

Graeme