Re: [exim] Mail from the future...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Mail from the future...
SeattleServer.com wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 01:19, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
>> If you use SpamAssassin: it has a number of DATE_IN_PAST* and
>> DATE_IN_FUTURE* tests.
>
> This is what I use... but I learned by flat out rejecting on them (by upping
> the scores for those tests) that some senders indeed have bad times.
>
> An interesting thing we encountered was a sender hitting one of those as well
> as the INVALID_DATE header rule. Turns out they were leaving the timezone
> off of their mailing list software-generated date header, and while they were
> sending with a valid PST timestamp, our servers run in UTC so without knowing
> the timezone, figured it was 9 hours off.

Similar experience, but neat 'just discovered' feature, (yeah - slow learner on
some things.. probably been there for years...)

MozMail ==> SeaMonkey MUA has a setting to place incoming messages in 'order of
arrival', so at least the mail *reader* now prevents buried-down-the-list or
hog-the-top-spot presences.

Bill