Re: [exim] Fidonet...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marco Gaiarin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fidonet...
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Marco Gaiarin wrote:

> 1) i can simply use only this router:
>
> >   ftn_points:
> >    debug_print = "R: ftn_points for $local_part@$domain"
> >    driver = manualroute
> >    domains = /etc/exim4/ftn_points
> >    require_files = /etc/exim4/ftn_points : +/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail
> >    route_data = * $domain
> >    transport = ifmail_h

> And put in /etc/exim4/ftn_points as last row a catchall rule that make
> the router fail?
> Better: can i use the :fail: keyword in a ((partial-)lsearch) file?

No. There is no :fail: feature for a manualroute router. There may be a
way of making it decline, and then you can use no_more to convert that
to fail, but I didn't do it that way. There is often more than one way
to do things in Exim. (You would have to use

domains = *.f1016.n333.z2.fidonet.org

and then use route_list instead of route_data, to look in your file.
Or use route_data with a lookup instead of * to match the domain. There
are indeed several possibilities!)

> 2) suppose i just have a file that contains my AKA /etc/exim4/akas
> (f1016.n333.z2.fidonet.org, but now only this, i have many...).
> I can setup a ``catchall'' recipe like this:
>
> >   ftn_unknown:
> >    driver = redirect
> >    domains = *.f1016.n333.z2.fidonet.org
> >    allow_fail
> >    data = :fail: Unrouteable domain

> that match all my AKAs but only if they have something.AKA, eg

If you want AKA without anything preceding, use

domains = f1016.n333.z2.fidonet.org : *.f1016.n333.z2.fidonet.org

or use a regular expression.

> > file name can start with + so the second item is also useless.
>
> ?! I see in
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html:

Ooops. My fault. I had completely forgotten about that feature. Sorry.
Should have checked before sounding off.