Re: [exim] "Ghost" user running exim?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jan Johansson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Graeme Fowler
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] "Ghost" user running exim?
>Ta-da!

Ta-Huh-Yes-I-Saw-That-DA... :)

>As described earlier by Andrew <andrew@???>:
>
>> To be able to use require_files to verify the recipient, the directory
>> path must be readable to the exim user or group. If that isn't
>> possible, then you would need to turn on no_verify on the router, and
>> add another router with verify_only that checks for valid recipients
>> using some other method not involving reading those directories

>If you make parts of your sympa installation have owner:group of

sympa:exim, and >ensure that they are group readable, you should be cooking
(to coin a British >phrase). Note that I've never used sympa so I could be
talking from somewhere >very dark here!

The problem there is that I think that is handled.
haven:~# grep sympa /etc/group
sympa:x:1002:Debian-exim:mail

Since I use Initgroup = yes, should not Exim assume the group Sympa as well?

>Alternatively put no_verify on in that router and create a new router with
>verify_only which can lookup the sympa list addresses in a different way:

because >you know all the addresses you can run a script that creates a file
containing >the list addresses on their own and run that from a cron job. It
should be >relatively easy to create that file, and do a lookup from it for
listname@domain.

Yes, I have been thinking in those lines myself.
BUT: Why do I need "no_verify"? Can I not just use "Condition =
lsearch......"?

But, I suppose the question here is: Why does it appear that "Initgroup"
doesn't do what I think the manual says it will do?