Re: [exim] Whitelisting Spamcheck router

Author: Bill Hacker
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Whitelisting Spamcheck router
>Afternoon All,
>
>I've been fiddling with the Spamcheck router to whitelist my internal
>addresses and speed up delivery - if the sender is in my emailtable or
>the sender's domain is in my whitelist, the Spamcheck router doesn't match.
>
>What I'd really like to do is stop the router running for whitelisted
>domains and local addresses, but still run if it looks like it's from a
>local address but came from a non-local IP.
>
>Is it possible to check the sender's IP against my local subnet range?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-Oli

You can do that in 'acl_smtp_connect', set a flag in an acl_c variable,
copy it to an acl_m variable.

or do it on HELO in acl_smtp_helo, or direclty into an acl_ variable per-
recipient in acl_smtp_rcpt [1]

acl_m variables survive into the queue with the message, and can be
tested in the routers until the final delivery has been made for that message.

The sort of test(s) that set said variable are up to you.

Bill

[1] with multiple recipients you will need to preserve each recipient's
data and concatenate each *successive* recipient's ID & data into a
structure built within the acl_m variable and extract it later, ELSE you
will preserve only the last one processed (or over-written in the DATA phase).