Re: [exim] "Ghost" user running exim?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew - Supernews
Para: Jan Johansson, exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] "Ghost" user running exim?

Jan> I have a problem with 4.63 (Debian exim4-daemon-heavy 4.63-3)
Jan> that I am not really sure how to describe, because it's too
Jan> weird to me.

Jan> When _one_ specific user sends mail to my server, exim runs as a
Jan> non-existent user.

Jan> Oct 26 06:59:05 haven exim[28864]: 2006-10-26 06:59:05 H=mail.acc.umu.se
Jan> [130.239.18.156] U=postfix F=<dak@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
Jan> <bjorkriset-styrelse@???>: require_files: error for
Jan> /home/sympa/expl/listor.skyddsrummet.net/bjorkriset-styrelse/config:
Jan> Permission denied

You didn't include the whole of the relevent ACLs in your post.

I'm going to guess that the verify = recipient in your RCPT acl is
being run for that specific sender, whereas the other sender you tried
isn't running that condition (perhaps a prior accept for specific
hosts?)

Your router won't work for verify = recipient; to see why, note this
comment from the docs for require_files:

Warning 1: When the router is being run to verify addresses for an
incoming SMTP message, Exim is not running as root, but under its
own uid. This may affect the result of a require_files check. In
particular, stat() may yield the error EACCES (Permission
denied). This means that the Exim user is not permitted to read one
of the directories on the files path.

To be able to use require_files to verify the recipient, the directory
path must be readable to the exim user or group. If that isn't
possible, then you would need to turn on no_verify on the router, and
add another router with verify_only that checks for valid recipients
using some other method not involving reading those directories.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com