Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Author: Marlon
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
> This doesn't look like a good solution. We simply don't want to accept
> the message, if that were possible. Of course I know it's possible with
> Exim, but the fact that this still leans towards SpamAssassin-ism ....
> If this could be integrated within Exiscan framework, then I'd rethink
> my stand.

Unfortunately, the world is not perfect. There are a lot
of mail servers not RFC compliance around.
If you are agressive on your ACLs, good messages will be dropped.
Statistic filters like osbf-lua evolve, if spam behavior change, it can be
trained with a false-negative, new spam attack will be blocked.
End users have diferent behavior on mail use, statistics filters can
evolve and adapt.
On my concern, it´s necessary use more than one layer of spam protection
nowadays.
Exim ACL´s with statistics filters is a very good choice.
The problem with statistics filters that it's not a out-of-box solution,
you have to feed it with a good number of messages (over 2,500) to get 99%
of accuracy,
but the final result is great.

Regards,

Marlon