Re: [exim] Mail from the future...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Evans
Aan: Kevin Colagio
CC: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Mail from the future...
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:14:40AM -0400, Kevin Colagio wrote:

> I routinely receive SPAM (it's never valid mail) that has time stamps of
> at least 24 hours ahead, or months/years behind the current date.
>
> Does anyone have a method to get rid of this as it goes through the system?

Since no-one else has offered a method, I'll offer mine... using Perl and the
Date::Parse module.

http://djce.org.uk/utils/exim-reject-bad-dates.pl

Well that's the general gist of it. I'm sure you can suitably glue it into
your system if you so wish.

Disclaimer: I haven't put that code into production use (yet). It has
been running on my "pretend open relay spam collector" box for a while, but by
definition on that box there can be no false positives.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet

PGP key: http://powernet.co.uk/~davide/pgpkey