Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
* On 23/10/06 21:16 -0200, Marlon Cabrera Oliveira wrote:
| Hi,
|
| > To tell you the truth I'm losing ground lately against spammers. Two
| > reasons. The Image spam is getting through and because it poisons the
| > bayes I've lost much of the effectiveness of bayes filtering. I'm still
| > holding on but I've had people who I hosted for for over a year who
| > never had a single spam who are now getting a few. I am also having a
| > few more false positives than I used to.
|

| I'm having succes here detecting image spam using OSBF-Lua filter:
|
| from OSBF-lua website:
|
| "OSBF-Lua (Orthogonal Sparse Bigrams with confidence Factor) is a Lua C module
| for text classification. It is a port of the OSBF classifier implemented in
| the CRM114 project. This implementation attempts to put focus on the
| classification task itself by using Lua as the scripting language, a powerful
| yet light-weight and fast language, which makes it easier to build and test
| more elaborated filters and training methods.
|
| The OSBF algorithm is a typical Bayesian classifier but enhanced with two
| techniques that I originally developed for the CRM114 project: Orthogonal
| Sparse Bigrams - OSB, for feature extraction, and the Exponential
| Differential Document Count - EDDC (a.k.a Confidence Factor) for automatic
| feature selection. Combined, these two techniques produce a highly accurate
| classifier. OSBF was developed focused on two classes, SPAM and NON-SPAM, so
| the performance for more than two classes may not be the same."
|

| OSBF-Lua learn very fast. It only require Lua 5.1 installed on Exim server
| with dynamic loading enabled.
| See install doc; http://osbf-lua.luaforge.net/#installation
|

| On exim.conf I add this statements:
|
| On ## ON CONFIGURATION SETTINGS ##
|
| # set OSBF_LUA_DIR to where spamfilter.lua, spamfilter_command.lua etc were
| #installed
| OSBF_LUA_DIR=/usr/local/osbf-lua
|

| On ## TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION ##
|

| add transport_filter to local_delivery transport:
|
| local_delivery:
|    driver = appendfile
|    check_string = ""
|    create_directory
|    delivery_date_add
|    directory = ${home}/Maildir/
|    directory_mode = 700
|    envelope_to_add
|    return_path_add
|    group = mail
|    maildir_format
|    maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size
|    message_prefix = ""
|    message_suffix = ""
|    mode = 0600
|    quota = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/mail/quota_usr}{$value}    {4M}}
|    quota_size_regex = S=(\d+)$
|    quota_warn_threshold = 75%
|    transport_filter = OSBF_LUA_DIR/spamfilter.lua --udir $home/osbf-lua
|

| that's it!! :)
|

| Verify our setup sending a message to yourself with the following in the
| subject line: help <your password>
|
| You will receive a message with a help about spamfilter.

> [...]

This doesn't look like a good solution. We simply don't want to accept
the message, if that were possible. Of course I know it's possible with
Exim, but the fact that this still leans towards SpamAssassin-ism ....
If this could be integrated within Exiscan framework, then I'd rethink
my stand.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                    . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com            . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223            . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121            . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post