Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault on STARTTLS

Top Pagina
Auteur: Stephen Gran
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Segmentation Fault on STARTTLS
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:45:38AM -0700, Tim Wilde said:
> With a little experimentation, I've figured it out. In the course of
> proving I wasn't crazy about getting this working on a different
> system, I copied my Local/Makefile and configuration to a FreeBSD 4.11
> system. That system, however, doesn't have MySQL installed, so I had
> to disable that in my configuration. On that system, TLS worked fine.
> For completeness of testing, I then disabled LOOKUP_MYSQL and the
> associated libs on my FreeBSD 6.1 system, rebuilt, installed, tested,
> and, lo and behold, TLS worked just fine! So it seems that there's
> some sort of conflict between the MySQL client and OpenSSL (which is
> odd, since the MySQL client is actually linked against OpenSSL itself,
> a fact which I discovered when trying to link Exim against a different
> OpenSSL version). In case anyone wants to try to track it down, the
> MySQL client I was linking against was the official MySQL binary
> mysql-standard-5.0.26-freebsd6.0-i386.

At a guess, is there any chance the mysql client libraries were linked
against a different version of openssl than the exim build?
|  Stephen Gran                  | With Congress, every time they make a   |
|  steve@???             | joke it's a law; and every time they    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | make a law it's a joke.   -- Will       |
|                                | Rogers                                  |