Re: [exim] Submission mode, Message-ID header

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Submission mode, Message-ID header
Martijn Grendelman <martijn@???> wrote:
[...]
> One example of blocked mail came from a large internet provider in The
> Netherlands (@Home) that, according to the Received headers, uses Exim
> 4.30. This particular mail came from one of their clients and did not
> have a Message-ID header.

[...]
> However, a quick'n'dirty test with our Exim 4.50 here at the office
> learns me that a Message-ID header /is/ added when I relay a mail
> through it, even though there is no "control = submission" to be found
> anywhere in the config.

4.30
56. Exim used to add From:, Date:, and Message-Id: header lines to any
    incoming messages that did not have them. Now it does so only if the
    message originates locally, that is, if there is no associated remote host
    address. When Resent- header lines are present, this applies to the Resent-
    lines rather than the non-Resent- lines.

> I read that Exim's behaviour has changed over time in this respect. How
> should I look at this issue? What are recommended settings?

How about

control = submission/sender_retain

to change only the absolute minimum?

cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute