Re: [exim] quota in GB

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chad Leigh
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] quota in GB

On Oct 24, 2006, at 5:03 PM, B. Johannessen wrote:

> B. Johannessen wrote:
>> If you have an IMAP server accessing the mailbox, this will also
>> need to
>> support such quotas. For example, I've seen Courier have a nervous
>> breakdown when asked to handle quotas larger the 2G on 32bit Linux.
>
> A glance at the Courier source seems to reveal that it has the same
> limits as Exim. courier-imap-4.0.6/maildir/maildirquota.h line 30:
>
> struct maildirquota {
>          off_t nbytes;   /* # of bytes, 0 - unlimited */
>          int nmessages;  /* # of messages, 0 - unlimited */
> };

I don't have it set up yet (I have a ZFS server set up using Solaris
10 but not past some testing yet), but I think I am going to get
around this by using ZFS. Just have to make sure that hard errors
are handled ok. I can give each maildir its own "file system" with
ZFS with its own quota enforced at the file system level. I want to
give 5GB to my users once I get everything set up so I don't seem to
have anything to do with maildir quota

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC