Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim, Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
On 25/10/06, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> Wakko Warner wrote:

> > Have you tried gocr? I have, it's not the greatest, but it is possible that
> > it can read the image and allow you to react on the content of the image.
> > It's not that great yet, but I think it could have potential (until spammers
> > start using the other characters in the images like they are in text spam)
> >

> I have started to install it several times and got distracted. I think I
> will try it.

We've just implemented the FuzzyOCR plugin for SA, which uses gocr
under the covers. It's catching 100% of the current wave of image spam
with no FPs reported yet. Very impressed.

Since the OCR is farly expensive I might look at pulling out the SA
plugin bits and implementing the guts as a perl module to call
directly from Exim (before SA), where I can be a bit more choosy about
which attachments I choose to process.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer