Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup
Chris Purves wrote:

> On 19/10/06, Chris Purves <chris.purves@???> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to have exim call spamassassin with the user to whom
>>the e-mail is sent?
>>
>>I understand that "spam = $local_part" won't work for an acl, but that
>>is essentially what I would like to be able to do.
>>

> For anyone who is interested, I was able to get exim to call
> spamassassin according to $local_part.
>
> In acl_check_rcpt I added:
>
>   # Set variable for user to be used by spamassassin
>   warn
>     set acl_m0 = $local_part

> Then in acl_check_data I was able to call spamassassin:
>
> spam = $acl_m0
>

> This allowed me to get around not being able to use $local_part in
> acl_check_data.

Question(s)

- was this:

1) So that SA would apply user-specific SA 'filter' prefs, i.e tests
applied/skipped, weighting, per-user Bayes DB?

Or

2) A 'stock' test suite, and just user-specific 'tolerance' prefs?

In either (other) case - how have you gotten it to 'cycle' or traverse during
the DATA phase so as to be able to individually check each of several users
*before* handing off to the router chain?

> In order for this to work, spamd be started by root.

May also work (more safely?) if spamd is a member of the same group as the exim
daemon? Presuming that group owns the mailstore....