Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!

Autor: Andreas Pettersson
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SPAM Filtering - Losing the war!
W B Hacker wrote:

><snip>
>
>If every 'honest' MTA on Planet Earth started dropping rDNS fail, dynamic-IP
>sources, and HELO vagaries on a specific date, the problem would abate
>dramatically same-day
>
>Nothing overly clever about such rules.
>
>One needs two things:
>
>- Top-management or client-pool buy-in to strict rules.
>
>- Willingness to apply our own creativity to carefully crafting 'white' listing
>for the 1% or fewer of desired correspondents on 'challenged' hosts, instead of
>'black' listing much of the world.

I see the same goal far off in the horizon. It's propably the only way
out of the mess. Or perhaps one of two (*).

Even though I'm pretty pleased with how the filtering works today, it
needs continous tuning and tweaking to keep it that way. And I have a
lot other things to do.

(*) The other way out would be if all ISP's that doesn't block smtp/25
from their subscriber networks started doing so. Most unlikely..

--
Andreas