Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?

Author: John Robinson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim has a bad queue handling?
On 23/10/2006 14:11, Philip Hazel wrote:
> If a recipient gets a 4xx response, it is deferred *in queue runs* but
> not in "first deliveries". This is called a "recipient error", and is
> discussed in section 12.2.3 of the Exim book and section 44.2 of the
> reference manual.

If I understand you correctly, exim will not defer multiple messages to
a recipient based on receiving a 4xx to the RCPT for one single message,
each message will be tried immediately at the time of first submission,
and this means each message (or triple) gets into the remote greylist at
the earliest opportunity, and the recipient deferral is only liable to
cause multiple message retries to happen earlier, not later, and perhaps
the issue I'm wrestling with (as raised by Daniel Tiefnig earlier in
this thread) isn't really an issue at all :-)

Cheers,

John.