Re: [exim] dnslists - how to set timeouts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] dnslists - how to set timeouts
Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using dnslists to check against RBLs and it works fine most of the
> time. But sometimes the DNS lookups seem to take too long so for the
> client it seems as if our SMTP-server is not responding and then it
> timeouts the request. Is there a way to set a timeout and when the RBL
> nameservers couldn't be contacted it will be treated as if there is no
> entry in the RBL list?
>
> Regards
> Marten

I cannot find anything specific in:

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch39.html#SECTmorednslists

- Unless the 'general' options for callouts might apply..

But there is already a very reasonable default that does just what you asked for.

Entries such as those below may not show for many days, then run for an hour in
a burst of *many*, other days one to four only for the entire day, etc.

2006-10-21 13:19:32 DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout) for
113.249.106.85.dnsbl.njabl.org: assumed not in list

2006-10-21 15:11:51 DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout) for
1.13.243.168.dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net: assumed not in list

2006-10-21 15:14:43 DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout) for
1.13.243.168.xbl.spamhaus.org: assumed not in list

Some of the spikes were time-associated with upstream DNS maintenance.

The code has just a 'vanilla' call, such as:

dnslists    = dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

Grep for 'DNS list lookup defer' in your logs?

Bill