Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Dave Lugo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] per user spamassassin setup
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 00:19 -0400, Dave Lugo wrote:

> I've been considering accepting multiple rcpt_to, and setting up
> some sort of recursive loop in the DATA acl to churn through each
> rcpt's SA prefs.
>
> . If all the recipients' configs say 'accept', it's 250'd.
>
> . If all the recipients' configs say 'reject', it's 5xx'd.
>
>  . If some of the recipients' configs say 'reject', 5xx it,
>    AND give a detailed rejection message along the lines of:

> (adjust as needed for multiline responses)
>
> 550  One or more recipient addresses were unable to accept
>      this message.
>      REJECTED: user@???, joe@???
>      ACCEPTED: frank@???

> My possibly flawed thinking runs along the lines of:
>
>   . real mailing lists use VERP, and don't do multiple rcpt_to
>   . stuff to multiple rcpts like this usually person-to-person,
>     and they might notice the rejection

> Has anyone tried something like this?

It's something I plan to do when I eventually get round to it.

I was originally going to defer in the third case (some want it, some
don't), remember the sender address, and then for a while accept only
one RCPT per MAIL FROM that address, so that I could then accept or
reject individual copies when it's retried.

It would probably be better to fakereject with a message like the one
you show above though, and actually deliver it to the recipients who
want it.

--
dwmw2