Re: [exim] Converting from Qmail to Exim

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Converting from Qmail to Exim
On 19/10/06, Don O'Neil <don@???> wrote:
> Is there a utility to convert qmail mail files into the exim mailfile
> format? We're using DirectAdmin's exim implementation, but want to move our
> old mail files (one file per mail format) from qmail to the new system.
>
> I did a search in the archive and there was mention to make exim work with
> mail folders rather than the default file, but since I don't control how
> exim runs because we're using a commercial install I need another solution.

There isn't an 'Exim mailfile format' - Exim can use many different
formats, including Maildir, which is probably what your qmail files
are.

If you really can't configure your Exim installation to use those
files/directories, your first step should be to find out what
format(s) your installation is configured to support. You probably
need to pick a format that your pop3/imap/whatever server supports,
too.....

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer