Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] Use of primary_hostname with vi…

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Pkg-exim4-users] Use of primary_hostname with visiblename
On Thursday 19 October 2006 06:22, Ross Boylan took the opportunity to say:
> In an effort to fight spam, I reject messages when
> verify = helo
> fails, which I believe would happen in the previous scenario.

No, verify = helo checks that the HELO name resolves to the remote IP address
*or* the IP address reverse-resolves to the HELO name (or if the HELO name is
an IP literal, that it matches the remote address). So verify = helo is sane.
(Unfortunately some big players, like Hotmail, use HELO names that fail this
test.)

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)