[exim] Hotel SMTP proxies etc Re: UCEPROTECT Blacklists and …

Author: Chad Leigh
To: Stuart Gall
CC: exim users
Subject: [exim] Hotel SMTP proxies etc Re: UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:45 AM, Stuart Gall wrote:

> I use smtp auth for all my clients
> but even then I have come across hotels that have installed
> transparent SMTP proxies and so the user has to turn smtp auth off
> and use the hotels SMTP server.

We get around that by also using several high level ports for SMTP
reception and letting our customers know about them, in addition to
the standard smtp and submission ports. I've never been in a hotel/
airport/friends house-isp that blocks the high level ports for smtp...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider