Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Lugo
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> Yes it is. If someone provides email services, they accept the
> responsibility for that email address and accept responsibility for
> their servers being set up according to RFCs. If a provider supports
> email addresss foo@??? then part of that support is to verify
> that the address is a valid address.

If you want to actually _deliver_ to it, then yes, it should
be supported.

(insert observation someone else made about VRFY being almost
universally disbabled now)

RCPT TO callouts are now bearing the burden doing something they
weren't designed for.

After hearing of friends' vanity domains being DoS'd by callbacks,
and seeing similar effects at $dayjob occasionally, I don't think
they're worth the hassle they can potentially inflict on others.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC