Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Saez Padros
Para: Andrew - Supernews
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
Hi !!

> David> well, i had to say that we reject more than 99.99% of the
> David> connections received
>
> If you get any real mail at all, then that is nonsense

this is just a way to tell that we are continuosly rejecting mails
(from 300k to 1M per day) while we get only a residual number of
good emails

> and you'll have had more than that many just from
> today's traffic on exim-users.

well, today is a busy day in the list

> David> but this does not mean that all of them are callouts.
>
> As I keep saying, if you're rejecting them at RCPT time, callouts,
> bounce blowback and C/R are not distinguishable.

so you are complaining that callouts are abuse but you don't even
know how many do you receive ?

> David> How many of this 90-95% of blowback uses a null sender
> David> envelope ??
>
> Those are connections meeting the following criteria:
>
> 1) they got as far as RCPT TO
> 2) they had a null sender envelope, or one recognisably generated by a
> C/R or callout system

how many have null envelope sender ?? this is very strange as we
rarely see any mail being rejected having a null envelope sender

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53