Re: [exim] changing log output?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] changing log output?
Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>

>>My log_selector, OTOH:
>>
>>log_selector = +all -queue_run -arguments
>>
>>When 'testing' as I don't care to keep two consoles tailing main and panic.
>>
>>For a production box you might use:
>>
>>-all (to kill the defaults), then +<option> add back only a few.
>

> your example is what I can find in the documentation, but I thought you
> could send me an example how to use the :reject: and :main: modifiers
> within one log_selector line, because I want to disable certain
> categories in the :main: log and enable them in the :reject: log.
>
> Regards
> Marten

ISTR seeing such info while looking for something not related (trying to write
to log files of my own) so believe it IS there.

Seems to me it had to do wth a description of the defaults and what Exim does
when it splits out stuff to use syslog.

Not on my plate just now, but it might show up for you with some searching.

Bill