Re: [exim] conducive.org

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] conducive.org
Stuart Gall wrote:

*snip*

> You were complaining that you received a randomized callout, _Given_
> that someone has decided to do callouts the random option is a good
> idea.

The assumption then being that hosts that fails you are more likely to be 'good'
than those who accept or pretend to do so?

The downside is that it would require a degree of 'inspection' on the target
host to ascertain that such an arrival was not just-another dictionary attack.

> It annoys you so I wondered if the negative result is cached, at least.

Doesn't annoy *me*.

Happy to respond to legitimate callouts to postmaster or users in connection
phase and blacklist the rest. Not a lot of emotion involved in the silicon.

If 'random' was once a good idea, it sure seems less so when dictionary attacks
abound.

YMMV, YOMD

Bill