Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Andrew - Supernews, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

--On 18 October 2006 12:37:56 +0100 Andrew - Supernews
<andrew@???> wrote:

> Ian> 3. People using sender verification callouts. They seem to think
> Ian> it's as bad as sending email,
>
> >> Because ultimately it is.
>
> Ian> So, if I stopped doing callouts, and chose to bounce spam
> Ian> instead, that wouldn't be a backward step?
>
> False dichotomy. You're not being forced to do either.

It's not a false dichotomy. I'm just trying to make you think about the
meaning of the phrase "as bad as". I think you're trying to argue that
they're both bad, and I might grant that. I won't grant that they're as bad
as each other.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex