Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew - Supernews
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

>> .. and about 10% of our
>> incoming SMTP connections are from blowback sources (callouts, C/R and
>> bounce blowback - we can't reliably distinguish them).

>> Averaged over the past couple of years, counting all connections that
>> got as far as RCPT TO, _at least_ 90-95% of connections were caused by
>> blowback (i.e. 10 to 20 blowback connections for every real one).

David> looks like you have misspelled something ... blowback
David> connections could be 10% or 90-95% but not both together (if i
David> didn't miss anything)

You trimmed out the words "in the best case". i.e. the minimum value
seen recently is 10%, the average (mean) over a period of a couple of
years is 90-95%, and the maximum is 99.99%.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com