Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andrew - Supernews
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

>> In the best case (when there isn't a specific spammer actively
>> forging just our domain) we see about 100 times as many abusive
>> callouts (ones not in response to mail we sent) as
>> legitimate/excusable callouts (ones caused by mail that actually
>> came from us), and about 10% of our incoming SMTP connections are
>> from blowback sources (callouts, C/R and bounce blowback - we
>> can't reliably distinguish them).

David> so for this 10% you don't know how many bounces are callouts
David> or real bounces ? then how you know which are abusive and
David> which not ?

All of them are abusive, because all of them are an attempt to send
either a bounce, a C/R message or a callout in response to mail that
we did not send.

>> Having a whitelist for known _legitimate_ senders does not reduce
>> in any way the number of _abusive_ callouts you do, by definition.

David> what you perceive as abusive callouts are protective in my
David> point of view.

But you're forcing me to devote _my_ resources to protecting _your_
network. How is this not abusive?

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com