Re: [exim] re [TLS Problem]

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Hill Ruyter
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] re [TLS Problem]
Hi

I think I understand (ish?)

what is happening is this ...

When I run the invoke-rc.d exim4 stop
I check with ps -ef and there is still an exim process running
[115      14932     1  0 Oct17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m]

(is this a daemon ?)

I am still able to send e-mail using my outlook client from a remote machine
in fact this very e-mail has been sent using outlook express immediately
after doing a stop ...

After having read the replies I am not sure if this is correct behaviour ?

what I do know is that now if I run an invoke-rc.d exim4 start
I get errors saying port 25 already in use
[2006-10-18 12:01:29 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv6) failed:
Address already in use: waiting 30s before trying again (9 more tries)]
and ps -ef shows two exim processes running ...
115      14932     1  0 Oct17 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m
root     18514     1  0 12:01 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/exim4 -bd -q30m

If I do another "stop" they are both still there

What you could probably better answer for me is ...
If I make a change to my configuration file do I need to stop and start the
process for the change to take effect ?

Many thanks in advance

Hill Ruyter