Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Lightfoot
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users, Zbigniew Szalbot, David Woodhouse
Betreff: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive
On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:17:22AM +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 17 October 2006 18:10:26 +0100 David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:09 +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> >> 1. People who bounce viruses with warning messages (actually, that's
> >> fine).
> >
> > It's not fine to _bounce_ them -- they should be rejected. Generating
> > bounces in responses to viruses is bad.
>
> Sorry, I meant it's fine to blacklist people who bounce viruses, not that
> it's fine to bounce them.

I note that (e.g.) clamav has started generating false
positives now they they try to detect ``phishing'' mail.
However, I imagine that policies like the above are
probably immutable.

--
`When elected, our MP will go to the Antarctic, stand in front of the icebergs
and shout, ``Stop melting you big, white bastards''. It's more than Bush and