Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusiv…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: Chris Lightfoot
CC: David Saez Padros, exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] UCEPROTECT Blacklists and why callouts are abusive

Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> This is a misconception. the fact that, say, a large ISP
> publishes SPF records for some set of machines does not
> mean that their customers may not send mail via other
> servers. If I pay, say, AOL cash money for an AOL email
> address, I'm entitled to use it however I like; and in
> particular, if their outgoing email servers are broken or
> are inaccessible to me at any given moment, then I'm
> likely to send email via whatever server I can use, for
> instance the outgoing smarthost of the ISP I'm using right
> now.

Indeed, however it may be blocked by servers which check spf because you
are not using AOL servers. It may also break AOL terms of service if you
send mail from another ISP (I don't know what their terms are). Many ISP
seem to say it's a breach of contract if you try to use port 25 from
your home dynamic IP (although you paid real money for internet access
as a whole).
The spf problem has already been discussed here many times. SPF should
have been mandatory in the SMTP protocol from the beginning to be efficient.