Re: [exim] conducive.org

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] conducive.org
Renaud Allard wrote:

> Excuse me from sending this to the list, but if Bill could explain what
> this means, that would be great. The SMTP error message is not going to
> help me find out why the mail has been rejected.

In this case, it is not *intended* to do so...

- read on.....

Fair question.

Our error messages *might not* be specific if the nature of our tests turned up
things that classified the source as a probable spammer or 'probe'.

Your specific server had been so classified here 27 September 2006 for sending
to a non-existent address that was clearly intentionally 'constructed', not a
mis-spelling of a valid user.

Software currently in beta test should give different results when rolled-out in
another week or two.

Will advise the R&D server info at that time if you'd like to test.

Meanwhile, I've pulled that entry.

HTH,

Bill